The Royal Australian Historical Society, in conjunction with the CSU Regional Archives, the Wagga Wagga and District Historical Society and the Wagga Wagga and District Family History Society, is holding a two-day seminar in Wagga Wagga on 1st and 2nd August 2014.
The lectures and workshops planned include topics on:
- Land research
- History in the virtual world
- Multicultural local history, including Italian, German, and Chinese immigrants and their presence in Australia’s 19th Century view of history
- Wellington’s men in Australia
- Lebanese families in the Wagga Wagga area
- Chinese migration and settlement in the Wagga Wagga area
- The Romany in Australia
- Occupying the land – different types of tenure
- The CSU Regional Archives collection
If this sounds like your kind of thing, please join us – everyone and anyone is welcome to come. It is sure to be a very interesting couple of days!
For a seminar programme, please visit www.rahs.org.au/events and select “RAHS Regional Seminar: Wagga Wagga”
Bookings are essential. To book your place, please call History House: (02) 9247 8001 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Day One – Friday, 1 August (8.45am – 5.00pm)
- Day Two – Saturday, 2 August (8.45am – 4.30pm).
- $30 per day or $50 if you are attending both days
- RAHS Member: $25 per day or $45 for both days
Prices include morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- Blakemore Building
South Campus of Charles Sturt University
College Avenue, Wagga Wagga
If you are unsure about where this is, please contact us and we will happily provide you with directions.